Etichette

mercoledì 24 febbraio 2016

ROK: some use and pics

Since few months I own ROK, the Real Outdoors Forum Knife made by the skilled UK knifemaker Stuart Mitchell


To be honest, due to the large number of knives to test and review this winter, I had no so much chance to try it in the field, anyway in the last days I spent several hours hiking in the woods here around, and for a brief walk I have to say ROK is a very capable little knife. 
ROK it's a light, compact fixed knife, so you may forget him until you need him. Despite his compactness, ROK is enough comfortable, robust and safe to perform classic bushcraft tasks as wood carving, fire material arranging, batoning and so on besides food prep, cutting ropes ecc.. 
I value ROK as an ideal back-up knife for long trekkings also, just in case I will lost or broke my main blade. 

All in all, I guess S. Mitchell has made a great job with this small knife; I surely am happy with!














(C) Alfredo Doricchi

Stuart Mitchell knives
Portland Works

Randall Street

Sheffield

S2 4SJ - England

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento